BUDGETARY ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION INSTITUTION
of the Moscow city Government
authorised to carry out
state environmental monitoring
What we do
Regional environmental monitoring system of Moscow includes air quality monitoring, surface water bodies monitoring, soil qaulity monitoring, monitoring of the greenery, noise levels monitoring and monitoring of the dangerous geo-environmental processes (landslides, karst-piping precesses)
4 mobile stations
3 high-altitude monitoring stations on Ostankinskaya TV tower
13 - along the Moscow river
14 - in estuaries of minor rivers
18 - along main tributaries of the Moscow river
14 - along rivers of the new territories (Troitsky and Novomoskovsky districts)
25 lawns monitoring sites
165 springs and wells
1 karst-piping precesses monitoring site
1 stationary automatic noise monitoring station
We provide the mass media with the reliable and up-to-date environmental information
- Implementation of state environmental monitoring in Moscow city (atmospheric air quality monitoring, surface water bodies monitoring, soil quality monitoring, greenery monitoring, noise levels monitoring, monitoring of hazardous geo-environmental processes).
- Operation of automatic air quality, water quality and noise levels monitoring stations.
- Environmental surveys of the city territories at the request of the population, authorities, city organizations, etc.
- Technical supervision of creation and operation of industrial emissions monitoring systems on the largest industrial enterprises in Moscow and control of their measurement results.
- Analysis of environmental monitoring data.
- Dissemination of environmental monitoring information among different categories of users and the population, including through the official website.
- Maintenance of the Unified City Environmental Monitoring Database.
- Working as a part of the Unified system of operative response in emergency situations.
of EMERCOM of Russia
ot the Russian Federal
Service for Surveillance
on Consumer Rights
Protection and Human
AND ROAD CONSTRUCTION
STATE TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY (MADI)
Moscow State University
Service of Russia
of Atmospheric Physics
of Russian Academy of Sciences